For an international Lifestyle company in the south of Holland we are looking for a:
Product Manager Lifestyle
The Product Manager drives the project to a successful implementation of new developments or modifications within the required time slots. To be able to do so, this requires a strategy, and the product manager is the one who leads this transformation in close coordination with our sales lead.
Responsible for establishing a vision for the product and following that up with a strategy to fulfill it-always keeping customer and channels in mind. All this should lead to the product roadmap, understanding our customers, capabilities and our engineers in China; who will be building the product.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information;
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes. Drives the new product development;
- Is commercially strong;
- Your D.N.A should have organizational sensitivity but also persistence if you needs to convince other departments about the NPD needs;
- Our colleague is a self-starter; building a new process and can communicate with several departments and cultures;
- Is used to work with time-related projects in teams;
- The product manager can prioritize the tasks he / she gets;
- Has knowledge about seasonal business, preferable outdoor business;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products;
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objective;
- btains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies;
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results;
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests;
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; is in close contact with our sales force in Europe and R&D in China in regards return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing;
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production;
- Gives advice to sales about product pricing and channels by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating on potential volume & costing;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
The requirements for this role are:
- You have at least a completed higher professional education;
- Experience with B2C and B2B and knowledge of the processes associated with the development of new products are a must;
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language, spoken and written. A good knowledge of German and / or French is an advantage.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint);
- Creative / Innovative, Inspiring, Working together, Result-oriented, Analyzing.