For an International FMCG / Fashion company in the south of Holland we’re looking for an:
Within this function you are, together with the knitwear development team, responsible for developing the new collections from design to final sales samples. You take care of the proto sampling and ensure the collections are production ready on the set deadlines in regards of quality, price and sampling.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- You manage the process of new products. Development of new products have to be 100% inline with the standards and follow the functional development steps. The standards and expectations are based on quality, target price that meets market needs.
- From the very first design meeting you are involved in the process, where you are expected to be the sounding board in regards of price-, technical and color boundaries and revert with solutions to overcome those.
- You are responsible for all developments within the Seasonal collections as well the CORE collections.
- For packaging you work closely with the packaging engineer in development and support to have all final proto samples in the correct packaging.
- You monitor the production process of the products during its product life cycle, of all products and suppliers that can be anywhere in the world. Main objective to have the right balance between price and quality and never lose sight of the standards. You are challenged by going into the small details in order to have better prices without compromising the quality.
- You are the main contact of the supplier and ensure a good coordination within the organisation. For this you will have intensive contact with your colleagues within the Sourcing, Product, Supply Chain and Sales departments.
- You facilitate/support the handover of the collection to our Quality team together with sealed samples.
Qualifications needed for this role
- Education: BSc or equivalent qualification (HBO/ University) in the direction of technical/ commercial textiles.
- Min. 5 yrs. work experience in the development of men’s & women’s apparel, experience in developing foundation legwear strongly preferred. Experience in a sports-lifestyle industry or international organization with global A brands preferred.
- Organized, ability to prioritize, and can work well under time constraints and deadlines.
- Experience in working in a PLM system is a plus.
- Solid textile experience is required and experience in knitted fabrics is an advantage. \Experienced traveller and flexibility and willingness to travel on regular basis.
- Results orientated, flexible and with strong communication skills.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.