For an international FMCG / Fashion company in the south of Holland we’re looking for a:
Manager Merchandise Planning
In this role you are overall responsible for defining and executing the merchandise planning strategy for driving our service proposition to our (brand) partners, customers and consumers across all categories. You lead the merchandise planning team, and, with your team, you will be driving our business by creating the right product offer, in the right quantities, at the right time at the various points of sales where we manage inventory. You ensure the promotion and availability of the product is optimal to drive sell-through and maximize profitability.
You oversee all merchandise planning activities and you maintain a strong relationship on different levels of our internal sales and customers organization. Together with the other planning departments, you further develop and embed our overall planning skills in our organization to ensure optimal availability on all stock locations in the chain.
With your a constant improvement mindset, you ensure a high knowledge level at all merchandise planners and you ensure the development of merchandising planning at our partners, customers, and consumers. You have a constant focus to drive a performance culture where people feel empowered to be at their best.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Lead merchandise planning team, structure way of working and secure that all merchandise planning activities are embedded and successfully executed;
- Coach and develop all merchandise planners to ensure full understanding of our business concept and empower them in making decisions in their area of responsibility;
- Define a merchandise planning roadmap for all involved regions, customers, and categories, and ensure that this plan is well-known and successfully implemented;
- Overall responsible for all merchandise planning activities relate to forecasting, planning, replenishment and managing inventory based on KPI’s and sell-through information;
- Ensures an excellent level of communication and services towards brand partners and customers and to ensure that our service proposition is applied to drive sustainable long-term business;
- Monitor and report on all point-of-sales locations where we have stock insights as input for demand and capacity planning to substantiate right stock allocation and secure optimal stock in central warehouses;
- Ensure alignment and smooth interactions between sales, sales support and merchandise planning;
- Collect customer and market feedback and communicates this back into other planning departments Build the budget for all brand retail assortments in the channels full-price, outlet and e-com in alignment with the brand and account strategy;
- Debtor management and other operational tasks.
What is required?
- Bachelor/ Master degree;
- At least 5 yrs experience within similar Retail/Brand business leading role, preferably in a Retail and Merchandise function within an international sports or fashion (global brand) organization;
- Specific experience in planning and allocation in a fashion brand environment;
- Results oriented with a high degree of accountability and reliability;
- A high-level business understanding to execute our ECR/VMI service proposition globally and across all categories;
- Hands-on mentality with strong solution orientation;
- High resistance to stress, keeping up with many parallel activities in a professional manner;
- Excellent communication and a bridge builder towards sales, sales support and other planning teams;
- Leader who can coach planning colleagues and trigger them to develop further;
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).